Z0diaç

RGC Map Downloader is minimizing other programs

8 posts in this topic

Sometimes I'm running other programs and suddenly they are minimized and Map Downloader keep poping up.

We need more options to disable Map Downloader from popping up everytime a new map is created.

Close rpg channels while you aren´t playing RPG maps

17 minutos atrás, Bribe disse:

Close rpg channels while you aren´t playing RPG maps

I appreciate your advice, but only solving my issue is not my purpose on posting here.

Even when I'm playing in RPG rooms, it is annoying to have map downloader showing up and minimizing other windows. So, I think it's better to expose such issue for future improvements of the client.

Just download those all maps and put it on war3 folder maps_download folder after that you won't face mimimize screen problem for map download.

Enjoy your time in RGC.

Have good day.

On 9/13/2018 at 4:50 PM, Z0diaç said:

I appreciate your advice, but only solving my issue is not my purpose on posting here.

Even when I'm playing in RPG rooms, it is annoying to have map downloader showing up and minimizing other windows. So, I think it's better to expose such issue for future improvements of the client.

I understand. Do you have any suggestions on how to make the map downloader better?

The reason why it pops up is so that new users understand that they need to download the maps and that is how. I would love to see a solution that achieves the same goals without disrupting a user's experience. However we haven't come up with anything on how to achieve that.

One potentially solution is to show it in chat with a clickable chat-link as you have it for user profiles. What is the opinion on that?

In the form of
[xxx] has been hosted.
-> You do not have the map required to play this game. Download it by clicking <here>

On 9/14/2018 at 5:43 PM, Jackpro555 said:

Just download those all maps and put it on war3 folder maps_download folder after that you won't face mimimize screen problem for map download.

Enjoy your time in RGC.

Have good day.

i also suffer from this  problem and bother me a lot. I did the same thing as you said, but it does not help me anything

16 minutes ago, VooBS said:

i also suffer from this  problem and bother me a lot. I did the same thing as you said, but it does not help me anything

I understand - we are going to be changing the mapdownloader process so that it will not bother users anymore. Do you have any comments on my suggestion from my post above?

39 minutes ago, Admin said:

I understand - we are going to be changing the mapdownloader process so that it will not bother users anymore. Do you have any comments on my suggestion from my post above?

yes if you can do it will be great chat-link it won't let me alt tab from my game when someone host a rpg map